You might not consider conditioning your priority when you get up at sunrise. You can start your day by taking walks roughly your neighborhood, part of your commute, or to school. This will offer you many fitness miracles.
Here are 10 reasons you might want to get started on your day with some steps. You can also incorporate it seamlessly into your daily routine with these tips.
Walking can boost your energy and make it easier to get through the day. This is especially true when you’re outdoors. Research has shown that adults who exercise for 20 minutes outdoors have more energy and vitality then those who exercise indoors. A study found that 10 minutes of stair walking was more stimulating for sleep-deprived women than a cup of coffee. Next time you feel tired or need energy boosts, it might be worth taking a walk.
Walking in the morning has many physiological benefits.
Walking may be a good idea:
- improve self-esteem
- Boost your mood
- reduce stress
- Reduce anxiety
- Reduce fatigue
- Reduce your depression symptoms and/or reduce your chance of developing it
The best way to achieve the best results is to walk for 20-30 minutes five times a week.
3. We can improve mental clarity
A recent study from Source revealed that older adults who start their day by going for a walk in morning had better cognitive function than those who were sitting all day.
Walking can help you think creatively. Research suggests that walking can open up more ideas than sitting, and may allow you to problem-solve more effectively.
If you are having a brainstorming session or morning meeting, you might consider inviting your coworkers to join you on a walk.
Make it a part of your daily routine
- The night before, prepare clothing for your walk. You can leave your sneakers and socks at the door so that you won’t have to search for them when you get up in the morning.
- Set your alarm 30 minutes before sunrise so that you have at least 20 minutes of exercise in the morning. You can find a nearby nature trail or simply walk around your neighborhood.
- Begin your day with a friend or colleague by walking together.
- Walking can be a part of your morning shorten if you have little time. You can walk to work if you are unable to walk the entire way. You can also park further away from your office to make it easier to walk to your destination.